Jeans are a fashion staple in every woman’s closet, but the style of the jeans you wear can make or break your look. If you choose your jeans based on your body shape, you’ll be able to confidently put your best foot forward whenever you step out of the house.
All of us have different shapes, sizes and styles, so finding the right pair of jeans can be a task. Luckily there are tips and tricks for each of you for finding the perfect pair of jeans! All you need to do is follow a few of these steps and remember them when heading to the changing room of your latest denim department.
You ladies are a lot luckier with this body shape as you can get away with most things and look great. With a hip to bust ratio of 50/50 and a slim waist, it’s all about the styling and keeping your proportions balanced. Here are some great jeans to look for:
– Skinny Jeans – These are the most flattering on hourglass shapes. Your chest and hips are in proportion with each other already so showing your legs off in skinnies only highlights that point. Bootcut jeans can actually overwhelm you and hide your frame.
– Higher rises – High rises are recommended because the waistband will sit at the smallest part of your waist, this will also give the illusion of an even slimmer middle.
– Medium size back pockets – Don’t go too big or too small with your back pocket sizing, it’s important to enhance your butt so choose wisely!
– Skinny flare – If you want to do flared jeans, I would say choose a pair that are tight and skinny all the way to the knee and then give off a slight flare. This is much more flattering.
– Flares – If you are a much more curvy hourglass that above and carry a lot of weight on the hips, a flared jean will really help balance that out.
Most often like the super model shape with extra height, long legs and a straighter hip area, you can find it hard to get jeans to fit in length and be flattering and feminine. Don’t worry though, there are plenty of choices for you. Look out for these:
– Inseams – If you want to go for a smart look, long inseams are the way to go as they will make you sleek and clean. If you prefer something more fashionable and love the look of jeans with ankle boots, go for a cropped skinny and cuff them with your ankle boots. This will give more depth to your shape and lessen your height a little bit while looking chic.
– Skinny Jeans – Skinnies are always your best friend as they show off your figure beautifully. Just be sure to pick the most flattering pair for your butt and thighs.
– Skinny Flares – You can also get away with skinny flares as you have the height to pull it off. Don’t do baggy flares as they will overwhelm you, so make sure the flare starts below the knee and the fit above is tight.
– Rises – If you want to show off your height, go for a high rise, but if you want to make your legs more proportional, a low rise will work wonders.
– Boyfriend Jeans – Luckily, you can get away with boyfriend jeans and make them look amazing! Go for a slimmer fitting boyfriend and it will look great.
With more curves around the hip and butt and a smaller upper half, it can be harder to find jeans that balance out your proportions and are flattering rather than awkward. You look out for jeans with these fits:
– Bootcut or wider flares – These will help balance out the hips and keep your legs in proportion with the extra fabric around the calves.
– Long inseams – Having a longer length means you can wear heels under your flares and bootcut jeans. This will of course elongate your legs and make them look slimmer.
– Higher rises – You should buy jeans with a higher rise as they are very balancing to your shape.
– Larger pockets – It’s important to enhance your booty since you are blessed with it, so look for larger back pockets as small ones can make it look bigger.
– Stretch denim – Always look for stretch denim as it will hug your body better, creating a more sleek silhouette. Plus, it’s not as restricting as rigid denim.
– Boots – If you do want to go for a skinny jean, you should tuck them into boots as it will help balance out the hips more and create a better shape.
Inverted Triangle Bodyshape
Round Body Shape
For those of you who carry your issues around your tummy area and always struggle to find jeans that are flattering or give you that shape you are looking for, there’s definitely options for you too! Embrace your body shape and work with it rather than against it. These are some tips to look for:
– Skinny Jeans – Skinny jeans can look really good when they are paired with a floaty, gypsy style top as this will hide your problem area but the skinnies will still be fitted, creating a balanced look.
– Rises – If you are more curvy and you want to hide your stomach, you should opt for a high rise jean as this will hold everything in. If you are a more slimmer apple shape then lower rise jeans can give you a more curvy appearance.
– Trouser Jeans – If you want to balance things out, you should go for a trouser style jean as the wider leg from hip to foot will help with proportions.