Fashion changes with time but Indian Ethnic wear like “SAREES” are always in vogue. To create the newness, designers are experimenting with new styles like stitched sarees, lehenga saree, dhoti sarees, saree gowns. With the ecommerce boom, Indian sarees online are available in a variety of designs, fabrics, prints and colors nowadays. But not all sarees are perfect for everyone. While choosing a saree, you need to consider certain points, which results in giving you an attractive yet slimmer look at the same time.
Check out few important tips to be kept in mind for a slimmer look , next time you drape your saree.
1. Get the right fabric.
The fabric of the saree plays a very important role in making a woman look slimmer or plumper. So, while choosing a saree, it is essential to be aware of the fabric of the saree and which suits your body shape.
- Plus size women are always advised to select sarees which are made of lightweight fabrics like crepe and georgette. Like crepe and georgette, chiffon sarees would stick to your body and can make you look slimmer.
- If you are willing to wear cotton sarees,then you are advised to select maximum 40% cotton mix sarees, not more then that.
- 40% silk mix sarees are considered to be the best choice for plus size women.
2. Camouflage it with perfect prints.
The print on the saree also plays a very important role in making the wearer look slimmer.
- You are strongly advised not to wear sarees which have bold and huge prints, as big motifs make you look plumper.
- Sarees with prints like , abstract prints, aztec prints, prints which create an illusion are the best suitable for plus size women.
3. A big no to Broad borders.
Borders add beauty to sarees !! But on the other hand broad borders add’s more volume to your structure.
- Opt for sarees without borders.
- Sarees with thin borders or an impression of border are good choice for plus size women.
- Stay away with heavily embellished or embroidered borders, as it adds on more weight to your look.
4. Flaunt those Curves with a Perfect Drape
Saree’s drape is one of the most important thing while wearing a saree. The beauty of the saree is the way you drape it and carry it. Hence, if it goes wrong ! everything goes wrong ! So, follow the steps next time you drape your saree.
- Tuck your saree properly at the waist so that it doesn’t add volume to your body.
- Make minimum pleats just to get the perfect drape and shape. Plump women going with a lot of pleats makes them look heavy bottomed and bulgy from their stomachs.
- Keep the palla of the sari loose open on your arm and avoid pleating it all on your shoulder.
- Long length blouses are also a good choice for voluptuous figure’s , and then you can get the palla from back and put it to one side. (Gujrati Style)
Hence, Flaunt your curves in sarees with confident by keeping these tips in mind.
Here are few awesome styles to checkout: