To get creative with your looks, flaunt the off-shoulder tops you were always sceptical about! Wearing strapless outfits may not be easy for everyone; however, an expert suggests certain ways of going about it.
According to Bhavya Chawla, co-founder and chief stylist Voonik, off-shoulder necklines elongate the neck and show off your collar bones. It is about celebrating the femininity of a woman, without revealing much skin. This is one style that works well for all body shapes, she says.
Here are a few suggestions made by her:
Triangle and hourglass body shapes can carry off this trend beautifully, as they have lovely slender shoulders. Off-shoulder outfits draw attention to the face and neck. This helps in keeping the negative attention away from the bigger stomach and heavier bust line, making it a sexy option for the round and inverted triangle body shapes.
Keep in mind to wear slightly firmer fabrics in prints and darker shades, rather than the flimsy, thinner ones in lighter colours.
With its flirty features, this trend lends a curvaceous appeal to the rectangle body shape. Off-shoulder tops that are slightly fitted can be styled with skinny pants, fitted skirts or even with the flared bottoms.
Loose tops should be teamed with only fitted pants or shorts. The idea is not to make it loose on the upper body as well as the lower body.
– It is extremely important to wear well fitted strapless bras with your off-shoulder tops and dresses. This is the foundation to a great outfit.
– Your neck and shoulders should be blemish-free and smooth. Wear some concealer and foundation to cover up marks, if any.
– Accessorise with delicate necklaces, big hoops or even shoulder sweeping danglers which aren’t too chunky.
– Hair can be done up in a boho inspired bun, a plait or soft curls for brunches and beaches. For slightly formal occasions, you can pull up your hair in a sleek bun or even leave it blow dried.
– Opt for gladiators or strappy wedges to complete your look.