The eternal dilemma of How to make our Lipstick last Longer has troubled us through Ladies Night outs and never-ending Office Hours. But no more of that, as we have found the Solution to all our Lipstick Woes and we can’t wait to share it with you guys !
To Make your Lipstick Long-Lasting, simply follow these steps and do away with the concept of touch-ups!
1. To ensure your lipstick lasts, you’ll want to ensure there are no flakes of dead skin renting out space on your pout. Use a lip scrub or just a plain tooth brush.
2. Next, apply a hydrating, non-oily lip balm. Anything with a waxy consistency is preferred over a slippery texture that will cause color to slide right off.
3. Pat a little foundation or concealer over lips. Don’t entirely erase your mouth, but cancel out your lip’s natural pink so that your lip color’s true hue comes through.
4. If you’re wearing a bold lip color, outlining the outer edge of your lip line with concealer will create a barrier to prevent bleeding. It’s basically like installing a fence for your lipstick! Outline and tap softly with your finger to blend.
5. Now, take a lip liner and outline the lips, as well as fill them in. The lip pencil is drier than lipstick and serves as a layer of color for the lipstick to grab onto.
6. Begin applying your color selectively, instead of just swiping across the whole lip. This makes for even, controlled application.
7. Fill in the rest of your lips.
8. Take a tissue and separate it into two halves. Place one sheet on your lips and dab a little compact powder over the lips, through the tissue. This is a trick you’ll see makeup artists doing backstage at fashion shows. This sets the color, without depositing a layer of powder.
9. Lightly apply a bit more lipstick on top. Now smile. Your lip color is ready to go the distance!
And for the one’s who are just too lazy for the prep work, just try one of these long-lasting lipsticks and they will not disappoint. Trust us, they are tried and tested!
Shop our Long-Lasting Lipsticks collection right here.
So now that you know the trick, go ahead and try it out yourself and let us know how it works for you 🙂