Let’s face it, the last thing you feel like doing after getting home late is taking off your makeup (kicking off your high heels is first priority). Let me not sound preachy but removing your makeup should be part of your daily skin care ritual.
Here is why you must always removing makeup before sleeping:
1. It washes away the chemicals used in cosmetics.
2. It reduces the risk of developing pimples, redness, blackheads and other types of blemishes.
3. It let’s your skin breathe.
Now that we know why removing make-up is important, let me show you how to make a natural homemade make-up remover.
What you Need :
a container with an airtight seal (glass or plastic)
1 cup of water
1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
1 tablespoon of your favorite all natural or organic liquid face soap
How to make it :
1. In a small saucepan, heat the water until it’s just boiling. This is to remove any impurities in the water. Let it cool for a few minutes, so that it’s still warm, but not too hot to handle.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to the warm water. Stir to combine.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of liquid face soap. Stir again.
4. Let the mixture cool and pour it into your container.
5. That’s it! You’re ready to use your makeup remover!
The best part is that the coconut oil leaves your skin so soft and not at all greasy. And it smells awesome!
THIS RECIPE HAS A SHELF LIFE OF ABOUT 6 MONTHS.
P.S – the mixture cools, the oil and soap will separate from the water. This is normal and nothing to worry about. Give it a gentle shake and it’ll mix right up.